Breakfast Banana & Berry Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas (£0.53)
- 2 cups porridge oats (£0.14)
- 1 egg (£0.13)
- 2 handfuls of frozen berries (£0.30)
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk (£0.40)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 185C
1. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: the oats, sugar and baking powder.
2. Using a fork, mash your ripe bananas into a smooth paste. Beat your egg in a separate bowl and add the banana paste and almond milk. If you have some vanilla extract in the cupboard you can also add 1/2 tsp at this stage.
3. Slowly stir in the dry mixture into the wet mixture and fold in the frozen berries.
4. Add the mixture to your greased muffin tin, dividing the batch into around 6 muffins. Pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven!)
Ideal if you need a quick, healthy breakfast that you can eat on your way to work/uni! I got the coconut sugar from Aldi and wanted to experiment with it, for £1.69 a pack it’s not too bad. Also a great tip to get your micronutrients in, is to buy these frozen smoothie mixes from Aldi, you can stir them into your porridge, breakfast muffins and obvs smoothies. Delicious & super cheap xx
(I ate one before remembering to take the pic so improvised with the berries)