Chicken Satay Ramen
- 3 frozen chicken breasts (£1.75)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (£0.33)
- 1 tin of coconut milk (£0.75)
- 50g spring onions (£0.52)
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste (£0.37)
- Straight to wok noodles 200g (£0.59)
- Mange tout £0.60
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Defrost the chicken breasts and dice into medium sized pieces. Add to the wok with a tbsp of coconut oil. Stir in the curry paste and gently fry on a medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, chop the spring onions and add to the pan.
3. After around 10 minutes, add the peanut butter and stir quickly. Add the 200ml chicken stock straight after this (peanut butter can burn easily!)
4. Pour in the coconut milk and add the mange tout. At this stage you can also add the ‘straight to wok noodles’.
5. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, the mixture will reduce slightly and the noodles will soften.
You can also serve with coriander but I didn’t think about it at the time! Super easy with amazing flavours.