Simple Med-Veg Cous Cous
- 2 packs (4 servings) of roasted veg couscous (£0.75)
- 3 mixed peppers (£0.91)
- 500g small red onions (£0.41)
- 6 large vine tomatoes (£0.96)
- 5 cloves of garlic (£0.15)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Cheated slightly on this one using pre-seasoned couscous. Aldi didn’t have the plain couscous this morning so it’s their fault not mine 🤓
Preheat the oven to 200C.
1. Chop your veg roughly and place the onions and peppers into a large baking tray. (Leaving the tomatoes out of the tray).
2. Using the side of a knife and your hand, smash the garlic to remove the skin and chuck in the baking tray. (pls do this carefully🙃)
3. Season with 1tbsp of oregano, 1/2 tsp of thyme and salt and pepper. Drizzle on 2 tbsps of olive oil and shake the tray so that the seasoning is evenly covering the veg.
4. Pop in the oven for 20mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for another 20. Meanwhile make the couscous as instructed on the pack.