Spicy Chorizo and Red Lentil Soup
- 200g spanish chorizo sausage (£1.49)
- 200g red lentils (£0.28)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes (£0.56)
- 2 cloves of garlic (£0.06)
- 1 large onion (£0.15)
- 1 tub of greek yogurt (500g) (£0.68)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
1. Chop the chorizo into cubes and add to a large saucepan on a low heat. Cover with a lid and let the oils diffuse out of the cubes for around 5M.
2. Add the diced onion and garlic and fry for a further 5M, increasing the heat slightly. Season with the smoked paprika and chilli at this stage.
3. Pour the chopped tomatoes, lentils and 750ml chicken stock into the saucepan and simmer for 30M.
4. Soup should be chunky and smooth at this stage and its ready to serve! Add a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra chilli flakes if you’re feeling super spicy.
No extra salt needed as the chorizo usually has hella salt already added xx