- 1 aubergine (£0.67)
- 2 courgettes (£0.95)
- 6 salad tomatoes (£0.65)
- 5 mixed peppers (£1.19)
- 500g passata (£0.32)
- Fresh basil (£0.48)
- Fresh thyme (£0.75)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Sorry you have to be a member to view this
Join now for £1 a week!
- Calories and macronutrients for all of the recipes (and their variations) so you can choose the meals that suit your goals
- Save money & reduce time meal planning with our shopping cart feature
- Access all your favourite recipes & step by step videos in your personal dashboard
Packed full of veg, it’s vegan, low cal and looks very pretty!
1. Start by roughly chopping the peppers and popping them into a a baking tray. Drizzle over a tbsp of olive oil and spread with your hands. Pop under the grill for approx 15 minutes to char.
2. Meanwhile, slice the aubergine, courgettes and tomato so they are ready to chuck together in a pretty mess.
3. Once the peppers are charred, add them to a blender with approx 100g of passata and then combine with the remaining passata in a circular baking dish. (I had to improvise and use a paella dish). Season with salt and fresh thyme.
4. Place the aubergines, courgette and tomatoes in fancy pattern, following the shape of your baking dish.
5. Roughly chop a handful of basil and stir into 2 tbsp of olive oil. Using an oil brush (/ unused paint brush), evenly coat the the vegetables in the basil olive oil mix. Season with salt.
6. Pop in the oven at 180 for 25 mins.
7. Sprinkle some fresh baz on top before serving and you’re all set. Can be served as a main or a side for a bbq.