Zesty Orzo Cod
- 425g frozen cod (£2.99)
- 500g courgette (£0.99)
- 2 lemons (£0.64)
- 2 mild chillies (£0.47)
- 500g orzo (£0.60- sains)
- Bunch of fresh parsley (£0.29)
- 100g grana padano (£1.65)
- 2 cloves garlic (£0.06)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Remember to *defrost cod*
1. Start by adding your orzo to a saucepan with boiling water. Simmer on a medium heat, timer set to 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prep the veggies by grating the courgette, deseeding and chopping the chillies, parsley and grating the zest off of one of the lemons.
3. Add 1tbsp of olive oil to a large saucepan on a medium heat. Pour in the shredded courgette and gently fry. If you have garlic in your fridge add 2 minced cloves at this stage.
4. In a separate pan, add the defrosted cod and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Pour the juice of a whole lemon over the fish and season with salt and pepper. Fry each side for around 3 minutes.
5. Add the chilli and lemon zest into the courgette pan. When the orzo is ready, reserve a cup full of the starchy water and drain. Pour into the courgette pan.
6. Fold in the chopped parsley and the juice of 1 lemon. Season with a generous amount of salt.
7. Grate the grana padano into the pan, combining with the starchy water to loosen up the sauce.
8. Finally, break up the cod with a wooden spoon and stir into the orzo.