Harissa Haddock and Chickpea Tray bake
- 475g frozen haddock fillets (£2.99)
- 2 tins of chickpeas (£0.60)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (£0.56)
- 1 aubergine (£0.67)
- 4 tbsp harissa paste (£1.97)
- Bunch of fresh parsley (£0.50)
- Bag of rocket (£0.48)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
*Preheat oven to 180°C*
1. Start by adding 2 tbsp of olive oil to your baking tray and pop in the oven to preheat.
2. Meanwhile, dice the aubergine into small chunks and drain & rinse the chickpeas.
3. After around 5 minutes the oil should be hot in the tray, remove from the oven and pour in the aubergine and chickpeas. They should make a satisfying sizzle sound.
4. Add 3 tbsp of harissa and stir to evenly coat the contents of the tray. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. After this time, add the chopped tomatoes and stir until the tomato is incorporated. Then, place the frozen haddock fillets on top.
6. Pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes to allow them to defrost before adding a thin coating of harissa on each fillet. Then place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Relax until the timer is up! Serve with a side of rocket and fresh parsley on the harissa haddock.
So delicious, high in protein both from the lean white fish and the chickpeas.