Korean Spiced Aubergines and Greens
£1.40 Per Portion
- 2 aubergines (£1.40)
- 200g brown rice (£1/5)= (£0.20)
- Bunch of spring onions (£0.50)
- Bunch of fresh coriander (£0.28)
- 2 heads of spring greens (£0.70)
- 2 tbsp Gochunjang paste (£2.50)
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Sorry you have to be a member to view this
Join now for £1 a week!
- Calories and macronutrients for all of the recipes (and their variations) so you can choose the meals that suit your goals
- Save money & reduce time meal planning with our shopping cart feature
- Access all your favourite recipes & step by step videos in your personal dashboard
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Add all the elements of the glaze in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice the aubergines lengthways into planks approximately 1cm wide.
- Place the aubergines in a large baking tray and score them with your knife. Pour around 3/4 of the glaze onto the aubergines and use a spoon or your hands to ensure both sides are evenly coated.
- Pop them in the oven, timer set to 30M. Meanwhile, measure out the rice and add 1:2 ratio of rice to water. Set a timer for your rice according to the packet, mine was 25M.
- Using the remaining glaze that is left in the bowl, coat the washed spring greens (removed from the core stem) and add them to a baking tray (you may need two). Add them to the oven when your aubergines have 15 minutes left.
- nce the timers are all up, you can assemble your meal by adding a layer of rice, some of the saucy greens and baked aubergine, followed by some sliced spring onions and fresh coriander. Season with salt and some red pepper flakes for some added heat.