Low-Carb Veggie Lasagne
£0.91 Per Portion
- 2 balls of mozzarella (£0.92)
- 700g Oregano and Basil Passata (£1.15)
- 3 courgettes (£1.09)
- 1 onion (£0.47/3)=(£0.16)
- 250g Mascarpone cheese (£0.79)
- 2 aubergines (£1.34)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start by slicing the aubergine length ways into long pieces, around 1cm in width.
- Place on a baking tray (or 2) and coat with a light drizzle of olive oil. Spread with your hands and season with a pinch of salt. Pop in the oven for 15M.
- Meanwhile, grate the courgette and squeeze the liquid out of it. Also dice the onion so it’s ready to throw into the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large saucepan and add the onion on a medium heat. Gently fry for around 4 minutes before adding the courgette. You’re aiming to get all the moisture out of the courgette to prevent sogginess.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the passata into the saucepan. Season with salt if necessary and set aside.
- When the time’s up for the aubergines, place them on a paper towel and pat to absorb some of the moisture.
- Layer the lasagne by starting off with two ladles of the sauce, a layer of aubergine, spreading some mascarpone on top of the aubergine and repeating. I did this 3 times and then topped off with a sauce and mozzarella layer.
- Pop in the oven for 30M and enjoy!