Crunchy Veggie Satay Noodles
£0.98 Per Portion
- 4 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter (£1.09)
- 250g egg noodles (£0.49)
- 3 courgettes (£1.09)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce (£0.45)
- 50g Spring onions (£0.60)
- 75g Unsalted cashews (£1.29/2)=(£0.65)
- 2 limes (£0.97)
- 1 tin coconut milk (£0.59)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 veggie stock cube
- Chilli flakes
- Start by rinsing the spring onions. Chop them in half, dividing the greener half and the lighter half of the onion.
- Slice the green half on a bias (diagonally), setting aside to use as a garnish and slice the white half regularly to add to the sauce.
- In a large saucepan, add the sliced onion along with a tbsp of olive oil. Gently fry for around 4 minutes.
- After 4 mins, add the curry powder and fry for a further minute.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, a pinch of salt and the juice of a whole lime to the saucepan. This will be a very thick mix so add a splash of coconut oil to combine on a low heat.
- Once combined, slowly stir the coconut milk in as you whisk to form the satay sauce. Once combined, add 400ml of vegetable stock.
- Reduce to a low simmer, timer set to 15M. Meanwhile, spiralize the courgette so it’s ready to blanch.
- When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, add the noodles to a saucepan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove before they’re completely cooked and add the sauce so they can finish cooking with the sauce.
- Blanch the courgette for 1 minute before transferring to the satay noodles.
- Season with salt if necessary and plate up. To garnish, add some chopped cashews, the sliced spring onions we reserved earlier and some chilli flakes. Oo and a squeeze of lime!