Creamy Vegan Mushroom and Spinach Soup
- 2 medium white onions (£0.20)
- 400g mushrooms (£0.99)
- 2 handfuls of spinach (£0.40)
- 1 tin of butter beans (£0.33)
- 200ml almond milk (£1.00)
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
1. Start by chopping the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Add to a large saucepan with a tbsp of olive oil.
2. Gently fry for around 6 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
3. If you want a chunky soup, take out a third of the onion/mushroom mix before adding in the 500 pls veg stock, butter beans and almond milk.
4. Simmer for 5M and then blend, mixing in the spinach as you blend.
5. Serve up and pour the chunks back into your bowls. Add salt & pepper to taste.