- 700 g Leftover roast turkey
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced (£0.45)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (£0.10)
- 180 g green beans, sliced into bite-sized pieces (£0.68)
- 350 g white rice, thoroughly rinsed (£0.35)
- 1 Colman’s Big Night In Chinese Chicken Curry sachet (£0.95)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1400 ml (700ml+700ml) water
Fry the onion and pepper over a high heat for 3 minutes before reducing the heat back down to medium and adding 700ml of water. Add the green beans to the frying pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add your rice to a medium saucepan and cover with 700ml water. Set your timer according to packet instructions. My rice was 12 minutes.
Now it’s time for our big night in sachet. Tear the turkey off of the bone and add into the pan. Stir the sachet into the broth and watch the magic happen. Continue to cook for 2 minutes or until the curry has thickened.
Serve with a side of rice and tuck in!
Top tip: This is a fantastic recipe for using up your leftover turkey from your festive meals
Servings: 5 servings