Halloumi and Chickpea Salad
- 225g halloumi (£1.49)
- 1 cucumber (£0.53)
- 1 tin of chickpeas (£0.33)
- 1 bag of mixed leaf salad (£0.47)
- 250g mixed baby plum tomatoes (£1.49)
- 1 lemon (£0.17)
- Bunch of fresh basil (£0.48)
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Thinly slice the halloumi and add to frying pan with a tbsp of olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika and salt to the chickpeas and combine in a large bowl.
3. Thinly slice the cucumber and chop the tomatoes.
4. Once the halloumi is golden brown and crispy remove from the heat and combine all the elements of the salad apart from the salad leaves and lemon.
5. On the day you’re eating add the leaves to your salad and squeeze on some lemon juice.
So simple and refreshing! Enjoy xx