Lemon and Thyme Chicken Tray Bake
£1.06 Per Portion
- 1kg chicken thighs (£1.79)
- Fresh Thyme (£0.48)
- 2 lemons (£0.99)
- 2 red onions (£0.69/3x2)= (£0.46)
- 6 tomatoes (£0.65)
- 1kg new potatoes (£0.85)
- 6 cloves of garlic (£0.10)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Start by cutting off the excess skin on the chicken thighs. This is the skin that hangs off the actual thigh and is not directly attached to the meat itself. Easy way to reduce calories while keeping the crispiness/ flavour of the skin!
- Prep the veg by quartering the red onions and tomatoes. I sliced the lemons in rounds to be pretty but you could also quarter them. Smash the garlic and removing the skin.
- Rinse the potatoes and add them to a bowl with the tomatoes, onions, garlic and lemons. Coat with a tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle around 1 tbsp of olive oil directly onto the chicken, use tongs to evenly coat the chicken.
- Rub the thyme between your hands over the tray so the herb breaks off the stem and scatters over the tray bake. You can then chuck what’s remaining in your hands into the tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30M, add the veg mix. Shake and pop back in the oven for another 45M.
- Remove from the oven and plate up! Season with salt and pepper and an extra squeeze of lemon if you’re feeling crazy.