- 1 aubergine (£0.70)
- 2 eggs (£0.90)
- 150g breadcrumbs (£1.10)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
Preheat oven to 200°C
1. Combine the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, garlic granules on a plate. Season with salt and pepper, if you want a kick of heat you could add 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
2. Whisk the eggs in a separate wide bowl.
3. Slice the aubergine into fries by removing the ends and cutting vertically. Then rotate and cut once down the middle. A lot of people remove the skin but I want the nutrients so keep it on.
4. First dip in the egg wash, then roll through the breadcrumb mix and place in your large baking tray that’s lined with parchment paper.
5. Repeat this step over and over again, I’d recommend your fave playlist while you do this as it can take a lil bit of time BUT you will love them.
6. Once you’ve coated all the fries, drizzle some olive oil on top and pop in the oven for 10 mins. To the students with crazy ovens, watch those guys- you don’t want them to burn after all your hard work.