10 minute Creamy Halloumi and Spinach
- 450g spinach (£1.42)
- 225g halloumi (£1.35)
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche (£0.95/3)=(£0.32)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (£1.05/2)=(£0.57)
- A few torn black olives (£0.65)
- 1 veggie stockcube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Slice the block of halloumi into 9 pieces and add to a large frying pan with a tbsp of oil. Increase to a high heat.
2. Meanwhile, measure out 300ml of vegetable stock.
3. In a large saucepan, pour the stock, 450g of spinach and the torn sun-dried tomatoes. This is a looooot of spinach but it reduces massively so keep stirring ever few minutes.
4. After 5 mins rotate the halloumi onto the other side, ensuring they’ve turned golden before doing so.
5. Once the spinach has reduced into the stock turn off the heat, add the creme fraiche.
6. Plate up once the halloumi is golden on both sides and enjoy! Season with lots of black pepp, no need for salt.